Farm Credit East, ACA, Enfield, Conn., October 2010 – Present
Director of Marketing and Communications, March 2015 – Present
- Direct multi-faceted brand and financial services advertising campaigns to acquire new customers and expand existing customer relationships, increase brand awareness, promote products, and display thought leadership. Platforms include print, digital, radio, outdoor and direct-to-client mediums. Manage two agency relationships.
- Interview customers to develop articles and testimonials that promote products and tell the brand’s story.
- Editor of periodical regional member publication that is distributed to 17,000+ stakeholders. One such feature story was republished in USDA’s Rural Cooperatives magazine.
- Develop annual report and information on annual board of director elections.
- Implement unified presence at regional trade shows to effectively represent the brand.
- Produce annual calendar to showcase member images representing the diverse Northeast agriculture industries.
- Developed and coordinated a year-long campaign to recognize the association’s centennial. This included live events, advertisements, contests and other promotional collateral, as well as compilation of historical artifacts to produce videos and other materials to commemorate the 100-year anniversary.
- Coordinated development and launch of two association external websites (FarmCreditEast.com and CountryLivingLoans.com). Continue to oversee administration and content creation for these websites as well as association social media platforms and Today’s Harvest blog.
- Editor of FarmStart 10-year anniversary report.
Assistant Director of Knowledge Exchange and Communications, March 2014 – March 2015
- Managed media relations, including the writing and distribution of press releases on company stewardship, financial results, company programs and other news.
- Assisted stewardship efforts, including review of grant requests and drafted press releases to inform about contributions.
- Administered annual scholarship program to award more than $45,000 to students pursuing careers in agriculture.
- Developed monthly Knowledge Exchange Partner e-newsletter sent to 10,000+ stakeholders.
- Originated and managed the association’s blog, Today’s Harvest, to showcase industry expertise and thought leadership.
- Maintained the association’s social media networks, intranet and external website, including customer support.
- Provided quarterly reports to the board of directors regarding website activity.
Knowledge Exchange and Communications Specialist, October 2010 – March 2014
- Coordinated presentations and technology for regional association events.
- Maintained external website content. Assisted in development and launch of association’s intranet.
- Initiated the association’s social media networks, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Directed employee video interviews to market the benefits of association services.
- Authored FarmStart 5-year anniversary report.
- Website Designer & Social Media Manager, Philip A. Schmitt & Son Farms, Inc., April 2008 – Present
- Webmaster, Holy Schmitt’s Horseradish, May 2015 – Present
- Special Events and Marketing Assistant, Linden Place Museum, Jan 2010 – May 2010
- Public Relations Specialist, Feinstein Center for Service Learning and Community Engagement, Sept 2006 – May 2010